I Received This Letter From The Official Solicitor Dated March 3rd 1998.
Dear Mrs Wright
Re: Sale of Winetavern Street
I refer to your undated letter in relation to the above sale.
The answers to the questions raised are all contained in the Reports made by the then Official Solicitor to the High Court in 1985. I understand that you have got a copy of those Reports. For the avoidance of any doubt however, I am prepared to set the answers out for you again.
1. Please find enclosed copy contract. I do not possess any other documentation in regard to the sale other than some Searches which are not particularly relevant.
2. No valuation reports were ever found. The Estate Agents involved believe that their file went missing in 1981. [How utterly convenient]
3. The solicitors involved were Tughan and Co. and the Estate Agents were Blessington Fair and Co.
4. Please find enclosed statement of account.
5. As you will be aware this transaction took place before your brother's case was referred to the High Court. The Estate Agents involved advised the then Official Solicitor that they received instructions in relation to the sale from your mother, your sister Betty and Charles Gilpin. [Hearsay]
6. I understand that your brother may have signed the Deed. [My brother's signature was meaningless, as even the Official Solicitor knew].
7. It would appear that having considered the Report of the then Official Solicitor the Court ordered that no further action need be taken in relation to the sale of Winetavern Street.
C W G Redpath